Sunday, January 27, 2008

MY first project

My land was successful bought at RM 140,000. This piece of land will be my first project to do in my lifetime. My plan is to build one food court at Sungai Mati Town. Although it need to takes few months to get all documents proceed and and few months to build, hopefully whole project done by 2009. But at the moment, I will set up some beautiful tents to rent to some stalls such as food stalls, fish & veggie stalls, kuih muih stalls..(depend who will calling me,hehe). Y I want to do that at first? Three reasons: one is test local market and let many people know that place. Another reason is to collect some rental instead of put the land there empty (one month interest will be RM400+). Lastly, when food court is finish build, these stalls might shift into and they can continue their business. Cost of the testing market will be (two big tents RM200) + (cut the grass RM20) TOTAL RM 220. Quite cheap. Period of testing start from March till end of the year 2008.

The reason why I choose small little town to build food court:
1) Cheap land and the land is at the roadside. Nowadays hard to find the roadside land in Sungai Mati especially to buy a small piece of land. Got also very very expensive.
2) Four Chinese schools are around Sg. mati. (Pei Hwa Primary Sch, Pei Hwa High Sch, Pei Hwa Malays High Sch, and Sungai Sendok Chung Hwa Sch.) So, we can see based on the situation in Muar. In Muar, we have so many of food courts around and of course lots of schools in Muar too. However, when we look at Sg. Mati, not even one food court along the way from Muar Bridge to Tangkak although there got four schools at Sg. Mati. For me, I think it will be the high demand for the Sg. Mati people to have one nice food paradise.
3) Nice location. The land is a walking distance from the Pei Hwa Primary School and also other schools. I hope it can be a food paradise for parents and their children especially after school or tuition.
4) The land is only way to go through from the Tangkak highway to Muar town. I am confident that it will attract some other consumers such as Singaporean, Kuala Lumpur people and other out town people to actually stop by and enjoy the local food.

Few weaknesses of that piece of land: (disadvantages and problem need to face)
1) Parking space. According to my research, inside of this piece of land can only park 16 cars. 8 one row and another 8 one row. But, at the small town, it should be enough. Hopefully, the food stalls are sell very nice food and this parking space will not be a problem. Of course I got the secret marketing strategies to deal with this problem.
2) Malay people are living around two sides. It might be a problem to selling Chinese food. However, I already discuss with both side of neighbors and said that we are not selling pork stuff. Malay and Chinese people also can come and eat. But I know we can’t get halal license, no malay will come and eat, never mind as long as we have Chinese customers is enough already. I just want them to cooperate with me and no much complaint.

So, for this business we can do research by doing SWOT analysis.
Strength:
Nice location (many schools nearby & Tangkak highway)
Cheap land. This piece of roadside land will increase price in next future.
First mover advantage. Our food court is the only one is Sg. Mati.
Easy to manage. Rent out the stalls and collect rentals with just little of management so that I can still can separate myself and do my work or second project.

Weaknesses:
Parking space
Malay people both side.

Opportunity:
Out town people and visitors can stop by and enjoy food.
Increase my famous in Sg Mati. (dealing with headmaster and teacher and this will easy for me to develop my second project.)

Threat:
No much threat and competitors cause we got first mover advantage.

Below are some land pictures:

No comments: